The Local

My favourite local does well enough for itself that they have the luxury of not opening on Sundays. It's a pity as Sunday's generally the day when I like to have breakfast out. So despite being my favourite breakfast cafe, I find that I seldom go there.

Like all good Melbourne cafes, it's delightfully retro kitsch with its autumnal toned stoneware plates and 1970's sugar bowls. The real stand-out for me is the low key atmosphere and the friendly and personable service, (one can make changes to their menu - hooray!) and  most importantly, they're lacking in that poncy, pretentious hipster vibe. Unlike the overly popular places, (direct dig at Auction Rooms here,)it's nice to sit in a place where they don't try to shove you out the door. After all , it's the weekend, so why join an endless queue at a cafe where their sole purpose is to feed you and then expect you out the door....immediately? While there are decent breakfasts to be had around Melbourne, it's their great coffee, runny eggs, big fat juicy avocado and crispy bacon that really does it for me.

So scared am I with seeing this place over run with people in general, that I don't really want to mention their name. I can however be bribed. Take me out and I'll show you. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment